Friday 30 March 2012

4. Who would be the audience for your media product?

The audience for my media product would be teenagers, around the age of 16-19 who have an interest in fashion, music and especially the indie/ indie rock genre. I chose for these to be the audience as I can relate to it a little. I have an interest in fashion and I do like the small indie bands that not many people have heard of. I also like mainstream indie bands like Arctic Monkeys or The Vaccines. So I decided to do my magazine on a genre similar to them, and try to collaborate the genre of music that i will be analysing and creating my magazine of will be indie/ indie rock. I have chosen to use this genre as my own because it’s the type of music that i like to listen to, and over the past year or two the music has grown on me. Indie rock is a type of alternative rocks that originated in the UK and the US in the 1980's. It has around 20 subgenres within it. These include Indie pop, grunge, jangle pop and many more. The name for the genre of music deprives from 'independent' and mainly consists of small indie groups that create music themselves, and not with the help of large studio producing teams. In the mid 1980's the term 'indie' was not used to display the bands, but the music they made. This is where we get the term ‘indie rock’ from.

No comments:

Post a Comment